Fiance Visa

Fiancé Visa

Fiancé visas are a convenient way for a fiancé of a United States citizen to facilitate their immigration to the United States faster and obtain a work permit while living with their spouse in the United States while they await their green card processing.

The fiancé visa first requires that the United States citizen and their foreign fiancé have the intention to marry and they must agree to do so within ninety days of the foreign fiancé entering the United States on the fiancé visa. There is also a requirement that they have physically met within two years of filing the application and as with any family sponsorship it is important to document the genuine and bona fide nature of the relationship through photographs, affidavits from friends and family, as well as all evidence of correspondence.

Although times vary through United States Citizenship and Immigration Services as well as the Consulates which conduct visa interviews, a fiancé visa is generally more expeditious than applying for a green card through a spouse from abroad.

Once inside the United States the fiancé is required to file an adjustment of status application to a green card and initiate the process of becoming a permanent resident within ninety days. Proof of the marriage will be required at that time.


Request an Appointment



Business Hours

Monday to Friday
9:00 to 5:00 by appointment

The Oklahoma Bar Association
Sports Professional Association
Lead Counsel Rated
Best Business of 2021