H1B Visa

H1B Visa

This is a professional work permit for foreign workers hired by United States businesses to work in jobs that require a professional degree or twelve years experience. There are only 65,000 visas granted each year so an application needs to be prepared in advance and submitted on the first day of

The exceptions to this cap are individuals working in an academic or non-profit organization, or qualify under the Masters Degree exception.

The occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge; and attainment of a bachelor's or higher degree in the specific specialty (or its equivalent) as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.

The position must also meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation:

  • Bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent as minimum requirement for the particular position
  • The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.

For you to qualify to perform services in a specialty occupation you must meet one of the following criteria:

  • Hold a U.S. or equivalent foreign bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specialty occupation from a college or university, or have an equivalent of twelve years experience
  • If applicable, hold an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification that authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation and be immediately engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment


Request an Appointment



Business Hours

Monday to Friday
9:00 to 5:00 by appointment

The Oklahoma Bar Association
Sports Professional Association
Lead Counsel Rated
Best Business of 2021